Norway is one of the most unique and beautiful rugged countries in the whole world. It’s also one of the wettest countries. It has a lot of mountains and a majestic water fall and a beautiful glacier which you can climb too.
Introduction to the country
Norway is a country located in the northern side of Europe near Sweden in the Scandinavian Peninsula. It’s surrounded by the Barent and the northern sea. It is a rugged narrow land measuring up to 1100 miles from north to south and from 4 to 270 miles across.
The country is mostly dominated by mighty mountains and it’s one of the most breathtaking destinations that one can visit, if you are a person who hasn’t visited Norway still, here are good reasons why you will want to visit it.
It’s the home to the majestic Nigardsbreen Glacier
- Details: – This fantastic glacier lies about 19 miles north from the village of Gaupne. It’s one of the largest arms of the Jostedalsbreen glacier. Visiting it is like having a flashback to the great ice age, when the mammoths roamed the earth. To get to it you will first have to take a boat ride over gentle bluish glacier waters and take a hike for about 30 minute to reach for its base. Here are few facts that you might want to keep in mind
- Advices: – Once you reach there you will be asked to wear crampons and get the help of an Ice stick for the climbing. Always listen to this advice because, unless you follow it you will not be able to climb the glacier without getting hurt.
- The climbing will take more than 8 hours as the glacier is immense. So always remember to take a guide with you, and always follow his or her advices and don’t wander off alone.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the view of icy tunnels and ice water streams along with rumbling and crumbling noises of massive Ice pieces beneath you,
- Hurry up if you haven’t seen it yet. This is because this particular glacier is disappearing at a faster rate and within another decade it might cease to exist.
The beautiful Langfossen falls
This simply means the “long waterfall”. This waterfall is over 2000 feet high and is located and about 5 kilometers south west from the village Fujairah. You will notice it as you drive along the highway. It’s not just a waterfall, it’s a misty majestic astounding creation of the nature. You will not be able to notice its glamour unless you see it with your own eyes.
No wonder that’s declared by the world water fall database to be one of the best in the world. So if you are going to Norway don’t forget to stop by the Langfossen waterfall for some food and enjoy its view.
So remember Norway is one of the most beautiful countries that is situated in the Scandinavian Peninsula. It’s the home to the majestic Nigardsbreen Glacier and the beautiful Langfossen water fall that you can spot when you drive along the highway. When climbing the glacier always remember to take a guide and listen to his advice and also don’t forget to stop by the Langfossen waterfall to see its beauty.